Meet Our 2022 - 2023 Board of Directors
The Minority Enterprise Development Corp.’s volunteer Board of Directors is made up of recognized leaders across many business categories. They represent the broad experiences of our membership and contribute significant amounts of time, talent, and energy to further the mission of the organization. We are privileged to have the support, expertise, and connections offered by our outstanding Board of Directors.
President: Machelle Maner
Vice Chairman: Corey McCaster
Treasurer: Eric Graham
Secretary: Kai Earle-Marion, MCA
Diane Cortes, Acumen Strategist
Lynette Darrell, TECO
Carlton Hadden II, Florida SBDC at USF
Gregory Hart, City of Tampa
Dana Holmes-Jenkins, D & K Systems Consulting
Thomas Huggins, Ariel Business Group
Kenneth Jones, Hillsborough County Economic Development
Darryl McCall, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Eileen Rodriguez, Minority Enterprise Development Corp., SBDC at USF (Retired)
C. Machelle Maner, President
- Organization: Formally of Wells Fargo
- Title: Vice President of Community Development, West Florida Region, Retired
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Community development with a focus on diversity, small business and affordable housing.
Corey McCaster, Vice Chairman
- Organization: Florida SBDC at USF, Pinellas County
- Title: Division Director of the Office of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Small business accounting and finance, quality improvement and strategic business planning.
Eric Graham, Treasurer
- Organization: Halfacre Construction Company
- Title: Director of Community and Business Diversity
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: 20 years of experience advocating for disadvantaged businesses within Florida’s Fortune 100 corporations.
Kai Marion, Secretary
- Organization: C & S Companies
- Title: Supplier Diversity Manager
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Providing an informative and supportive ecosystem to deliver supplier development and supplier diversity.
Diane Cortes, Director
- Organization: Acumen Strategist
- Title: President & Strategist
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Helping business grow their online presence and build a solid foundation by hiring the best team.
Lynette Darrell, Director
- Organization: TECO Energy
- Title: Supplier and Vendor Development Coordinator
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Helping minority businesses flourish and contributing to a community’s ongoing development.
Carl Hadden MBA, CME, Director
- Organization: Florida Small Business Development Center at USF
- Title: Regional Director
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Professional SBDC consultants provide expertise in areas vital to owning and operating a successful business, including: strategic market research; market expansion and revenue growth; business, strategic, and marketing plan development; access to capital assistance; financial analysis and assessment; accounting systems and financial literacy; and feasibility analysis and start-up assistance.
Gregory K. Hart, Director
- Organization: City of Tampa
- Title: Managing Director of the Minority and Small Business Development Office (MBD)
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Program Management, Contract Compliance, and Budget Performance Evaluation.
Dana Holmes-Jenkins, Director
- Organization: D & K Systems Consulting, Inc.
- Title: President and Software Specialist
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Helping small businesses use software to optimize productivity, automate tasks, and analysis data effectively.
Thomas Huggins, III, Director
- Organization: Ariel Business Group, Inc.
- Title: President
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: An expert in minority business development and often sought as a technical expert in business, finance, and assisting prime contractors with maximizing DBE utilization.
Kenneth Jones, Director
- Organization: Hillsborough County Government, MBE & SBE Programs
- Title: Director, MBE & SBE Programs Division
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Workforce development strategies, organizational management, as well as building educational and workforce partnerships to develop effective and sustainable solutions to produce skilled workers for Hillsborough County employers.
Darryl McCall, Director
- Organization: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Title: VP, Commercial Banker, Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Providing treasury management, credit, capital markets, and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and non-for profits.
Eileen Rodríguez, Executive Director
- Organizations: Minority Enterprise Development, Formally Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the USF (Retired)
- Title: Executive Director
- Area of Expertise/Specialty: Small business development outreach initiatives, international trade, women and minority certification, strategic planning, budget and administrative oversight.